To live in communion with nature, the elements must come from there or, at least, be as close as possible to the place of origin: Plants, trees or lots of light. It is not necessary to migrate to a desolate place in the middle of the jungle.
It is enough to combine our urbanity with elements that we have seen out there and that serve, in certain case, with our outdoor furniture or bedroom furniture without that it makes too much contrast, rather it is the ideal object, the one indicated to be there.
Even we ourselves could do it with elements that we get recurrently in our outings, in this case, creating lamp with bamboo mat is not so complicated and will give our home a fresh, warm and welcoming touch.
– 1 circle of lampshade (diameter 35 cm)
– 1 bamboo rug (120 x 60 cm *) 2 shades can be made with 1 carpet of this size
– Needle, cotton or solid linen thread
– Pair of large scissors
– self-adhesive kraft or decorative adhesive
Step by step lamp with bamboo mat
- Cut 1 strip of 116 x 26 cm. It will be necessary to arrange for the cut to be made at 3 mm (approximately) of one of the seams of the carpet. This seam will be fixed to the shade by a few points.
- Place the circle on a support (ideally the height of the future shade, 26 cm). Unroll against the bamboo roller. Sew with regular stitches.
- Attach adhesive kraft to the edges to lock the seams and then close the cylinder with a new piece of kraft.
- To finish nicely the fixture, fix an internal border of adhesive.